Hi all here are some of my thoughts about the N900 after 6 weeks usage.
N900 firmware version: 1.2009.42-11.002.
- Just don’t get it, it was missing in all S60 devices as well, NO timer/stopwatch !! again….
Yes, I know I can download many many apps to do that, but why should I for such a basic operation.
- I do not know if its a hardware issue or software but the old nSeries remote that comes with some devices does not work with this nSeries device .
- After drugging and dropping my music into the device, some of the album art images added to my image library, I think the device should have some sort of filtering for images that are in music albums, there is NO reason what so ever that I’ll see the album art in the images library.
- When listening to music, as a boom box, just from the speakers and than lowering the volume, the whole system sounds volume goes down as well, Nokia, you never done this before, why the system sounds is connected to the music player volume, they got nothing to do with each other, same thing happens when connecting earphones in.
- In the media player, there is no equalizer to make sure all the songs coming out at the same volume .
- Started back with the E71(update: A friends just told me, it might have started with the N96, ThnX Rob), the breathing/notification light is awesome.
- The multitasking is super powerful, just keep it all open in the background, love it.
- Skype integration is amazing, what can I say, who sends text messages anymore???.
- I love that I can customize the desktop as anyways I want… its cool, put a contact there, widget there and a shortcut here… play around with it and vvvwaala.. your own device
- I like the full shell access, although I broke my device once already, but hey!, at least the option is there for real developers that know what they are doing and making new things for it by the day.
- The place to put the holding strap in on the top of the device… just weird, usualy its on the botton, I guess its a “I’m use to it” isuue
- The microphone hole, to my opinion should be invisible, more like a dent in the plastic, or maybe it could have been one of the right(bottom) speaker holes.
- I do not like that the micro USB plug in not covered, could have been, should have been?, no?.
- I liked that it arrived in a very nice, compact small box.
Overall, this device is amazing, and I’m sure most of the things will be fixed soon with a frimware updates.
Don’t get me wrong, some of those things can drive a person crazy, however, since I still believe there are more good than bad I’m not going crazy just yet and loving my N900 a lot