After a few days that I’m having this device, here are some more insights that I have on this great device… of course, bad things too .
Most of the bad things could be and I think will be fix in upcoming software updates.
Things I don’t like and don’t understand…
- What gives… from the photo album I can’t send photo to email!?!.
- From email, I’m limited to 2MB’ attachments!?!
- Ovi mail 1st’ set up has to go through the web?!?, even my X5230 does not do that.. weird and annoying!.
- When starting the Ovi store for the 1st’ time, you actually need to install the new client… can’t the device come with the client pre-installed ?!?
- This phone’s screen is a fingerprint magnet!, big time!.
- Its been almost a week with the N8 and I still didn’t find a way to play all the songs, regardless to album from the same artist… what the hell..?!?!?
- As a left handed person, its pretty hard to press the menu button..
- When done inserting my password, no need to press okay, if the code is correct, just unlock the device…
This I found out that I like about this phone:
- No need to take it out of pocket, when locked and music is on, the volume controls still works, helps on battery too(!)
- The camera is well.. AWESOME !!!
- When inserting a simple headphones there is no more prompt to ask how to use this accessory, it knows its a simple headphones and just lets you know to use device microphone.
- I like that Nokia uses the fact that it has an OLED screen and put this screen saver… its great, I love it, clock is always there.
- Audio quality is really good.
- Me, personally, like the design, very unique.
- Nice games are starting to see the light of day, with graphics acceleration card, it’s looking good!.
- The fully customizable home-screens are great, each home-screen can be “Its’ own device”.
- Something I loved ever since my E71 is the breathing light, on this device it looks really good, soft light when “breathing” and in panic attack when blinking for notifications.
- The HDMI out port is great, I tested it with a high def video on my TV, it looks and sounds amazing… big thumbs up for this one.
On both, the Like and DisLike, I’m sure I’ll find out more later on, this is for now
….”And now for something completely different”, some small tests I did for the N8′s camera.
Here is a video of a party in very dark room…: