When I sold my xPressMusic 5800 I sold the phone only (and asked for less money because of it) and got left with the remote which I use all the time
and realize I got the stand as well, I tried it with the E75 and it holds it perfectly, its awesome…
sorry its been a while since my last post.
I want to tell you a small story, not long ago, about 2 weeks ago,
I went to visit home in a country far far away (about 20h’ flight
from Vancouver). While I was there I must say I just loved my E71
and the use of Nokia messaging 1.1. Since Hotmail is my main email
client using messaging 1.1 was just too good to be true. Have both
thing, the E71 and this software, the use & need for a laptop went
straight to zero as far as I’m concern. Another cute thing was the
native YouTube application that was launched by YouTube, having that
made my phone much more fun to use and show off with :p .
On the way back from home, I went through Heathrow airport and just
could not resist to buy the brand new E75, this device, well, how can
I say it…. Just perfect in functionality, I mean it, its amazing!.
I know that since I got the Euro version I’m losing the option for 3G
here in north America, I didn’t really care since the only actual functionality
I’m losing is the video calling, which I must admit is…. ‘who cares’.
Here is my ‘Got to hate‘ list of the E75:
1. The numeric keypad is too tight, I mean instead of making a huge
‘Nokia’ logo above the screen, they could have shrink it a bit,
or make the screen a bit higher than there would be more space
for the keypad.
2. I’m left handed, meaning every time I pick the E75 i press the
dedicated camera button, don’t get me wrong, I love that button
on an E series, I just think its location should have been a bit lower.
3. The earpiece and speakerphone are a bit too low in volume, but this
can be fixed with a firmware update.
4. The E71 came with a hand strap and a small, nice & simple case, its
too bad its big brother, the E75 is lacking both in the box.
The E71 is coming with microSD card of 8GB, for the price I paid
for the ‘big brother’ I must say I didn’t except less, only 4GB for
this device and its capabilities is too little.
5. S60 SP2, in the menus, there is no indication if an icon is a folder
or an application, kind of VERY annoying i must say. Once again,
my usual complain about S60 is the lack of timer & stopwatch.
Here is my ‘Got to love‘ list of the E75:
1. 3.5m’m jack for headphone and the fact that its working with the
N series remote control.
2. Slide out high quality & spaced QWERTY keyboard.
3. Camera key.
4. Ngage gaming.
5. Full sensor range, I mean this thing got the three sensors
I like most: GPS, accelerometer & light sensor, with these
three you can do, ask & get a lot from the device.
6. Nokia messaging is fully integrated with the device, making mailing über easy.
7. S60 SP2, just like the xPressMusic 5800, makes this device a bit
faster and that the clock is always visible (when I was beta testing
thing for Nokia, I remember asking for this and glad to see Nokia are taking
every little input)
8. USB charching…. ThnX, its about time.
9. Bright screen, nicer & faster gallery.
10. For what the E75 is caring inside its very small and does not feel too
big in the pocket.
11. When I 1st’ picked it up it felt super solid in the hand and the
build quality was good, the way it feels means a lot to me personally,
so that feeling helped a lot with my decision of purchasing it.
Up to last week I had three devices at home, the E71, E75 & XpressMusic
5800. This week I sold my XM5800 since I must say I just didn’t like much
but not because of the why its working but for the lack of only one thing,
the fast search, the ability to start typing a name in the home screen and
get intimidate feedback with contacts and options like send text message,
missing that as far as I was concern was a deal barker plus now I have the
same music options and remote controlling the music player capability
from the E75, I saw no reason to keep the XM5800.
Me writing this on my E75 can only say one thing, Its worth it…
The firmware on the xpressMusic 5800 during the tests:
The firmware on the E71 during the tests:
Here are the images: