Archive for December 2009
I thought there was a weird thing in the volume of the device, that the media player volume and the system volume were the SAME !.
well, in a way, they were, but only when headphones are connected, so in a way, its all good….
ALL IS WELL, NO(!) bug with the volume….
My bad !.
Many people ask me why I think the n900 is better,I decided to post this so I could just point them to here to read and
UNDERSTAND that it (n900) can do much more, yes, it IS better, if its for you or not… not me to judge.
I can understand why most of north Americans, who came from a “dumb Phone”, like the Motorola Razar V3 to an iPhone see it as the mother of all creation, just remember… before it had copy/paste/mms/video/bluetooth support headsets and much more, the iPhone users said “yeah.. but we never use it anyways”… of course they didn’t, cause they couldn’t.
After Apple came with the updates, all the iPhone users were amazed by what it could have done… old features that even their old dumb phone could have done and now they are using it all the time.
This situation WILL happen again, for example when Apple will introduce multitasking on the iPhone, I see it already, iPhones user will go “check it out, I can make Skype calls and keep Skype open in the background, its amazing, so new, so refreshing!”… too bad all Nokia’s and other manufactures smartphones from 4 years ago could have done that and still do.
1st’ read this!, I mean it, read it don’t close it cause of the title, there is a reason for it.
Anyone I asked who has an iPhone said its true or agreed to parts of it.
My boss actually, killed the 3g connection so he could make phone calls, just keep in mind.
Why I think the n900 is better.
* Full bluetooth support (connect PC and other devices).
* Physical keyboard.
* OPEN SOURCE Linux platform, I have shell in it, with python and FULL root access, can do whatever I want with it.
* Multitasking, I never close any application, no need to.
* Integrated SIP accounts, Skype and gTalk !!!(freaking amazing).
* 5MP camera with flash & auto focus.
* Drag & drop, (no need the iTunes).
* more sound and video support.
V: mp4, .avi, .wmv, .3gp; codecs: H.264, MPEG-4, Xvid, WMV.
A: wav, .mp3, .AAC, .eAAC, .wma, .m4a and already has an ogg support is out there that someone wrote.
* 4 home screen FULLY customize, with widgets, shortcuts, contacts and bookmarks
* The home screen widgets are “alive”, running application, not just sitting thumbnails.
* TV out, already used it, its sweet
* Front camera, if you like that feature.
* Full web surfing with FULL flash 9.4 and java scripts support. web pages look the same as desktop, and now you can have actually Firefox with add-ons on it, its sweet.
* Full HTML email support.
* FM transmitter(can listen to internet streaming radio in your car, for example).
* 800 × 480 pixel resolution
* Maps can be stored on device
So…. yes, I think its better than the iPhone.
By the way, the apple app store has about 100,000 apps, most are games and the ones that are not games, they just crap, out of all those apps, there are maybe 30 apps that are actually doing something productive, I think. no ?
No, I will not show you pics of it, I’m sure you have seen enough of it, I will show you how I sign it off from UPS though :p
The pics were taken with my beloved E75.
Okay, so three days after having the N900, I already manged to break its OS by playing in the Linux shell and editing the sudoers file and trying to retrieve the user password.
That caused some soft of a mess in the device with the passwords and some application demanded a password but could not retrieve it, I might have changed it by accident :/.
I had to reinstall the device using Nokia software update, what can I say, I have a love/hate relationship with its open Linux OS..
The N900 ts freaking amazing !!!!!
My beloved Nokia E75 got an update, version 201.12.01, Fixing lots of bug and added many new features… Cool.
I have been using the E75 for a while now and just love it, its email and QWERTY keyboard just make this device very unique, glad to see that Nokia update team giving it some love !.
E75… I love you !.